Saturday, June 6, 2009

PARSONAGE PONDERINGS

Compiled by, Connie Coppings

Saturday, June 6, 2009

When I became a wife 22 1/2 years ago, I also entered the role of parsonage spouse in that same moment. Often I'm asked how I feel about being a pastor's wife and my reply is usually, "It's a job filled with many joys, and sorrows, but I wouldn't trade my life with anyone else."
Take today for instance, I've had the privilege of witnessing two young people joined in marriage, listened to lady dealing with the loss of her husband of 61 years, helped plan for our church's upcoming 100th anniversary, and fixed food to share at a women's mission meeting tomorrow after church. As a pastor's wife, I've been blessed with so many opportunities to be a part of others' lives.
Being in this role doesn't make me anymore special than anyone else, but it does allow me to meet and get to know people that I otherwise wouldn't have known. God has blessed me so richly through the witness of His work in the lives of those I've encountered in our ministry. I know that I'm a better person today because of this experience.
I look forward to sharing with others in ministry through this blog each week. It is my hope that He will use my "ponderings" to encourage and inspire those who follow this site.
May God take the work and words of each of you and use them to bless others as you serve faithfully along side your spouse.

No comments: