Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's About Teamwork

Compiled by, Darlene G. Snyder

follow me on Twitter



Written by:
Cindy Canoy
Shelby, NC

My experience as a pastor's wife ranges across 27 years. I've always felt as a pastor and wife, we are a team. I try to be by my husband’s side as much as possible during all aspects of his ministry. This practice enables me to get to know church members more quickly.

One piece of advice I would give is stand with the pastor at the close of worship services to greet the congregation. This lets the church know that you are united in your efforts to be a pastor/wife team at the church and helps the wife to get to know the congregation.

The pastor's wife should focus on what her gifts are and only accept responsibility for leadership roles that truly are her gifts. She must keep in mind she will need to attend many functions as the pastor's wife so she shouldn't obligate herself to lots of other leadership roles in the church. It's not possible for the wife to be at every function her husband must attend but she should support him in as many areas as she is able to do.

No comments: